Ready to retire now
You have made the decision that now is the time to give up work or perhaps to start the transition into retirement.
It can be a surprisingly stressful time. People usually approach us knowing that now is the right time to finish work but are confused about what to do next and how to most effectively arrange their finances.
If you want to give up work now, you might have these questions or concerns:
- “Can I afford to retire now?”
- “How much income do I need?”
- “What are Pension Freedoms? And how can I use them?”
- “Will I be worse off if I retire?”
- “What should I do with my Defined Benefit or Final Salary pension?”
- “I want to retire gradually, how can my pensions help me do that?”
- “How much income will my pensions give me?”
- “I’m not sure where all my pensions are.”
- “What should I do with my pensions? Should I buy an Annuity or is there a better option?”
- “What State Pension will I get and when?”
- “What happens to my pensions when I die?”
- “Will I be able to leave the children some money when I die?”
How we can help you to retire now
First, we will talk about what you want to do in retirement and what are your plans are.
We do a forensic deep dive into what you already have.
Using state of the art technology, we build a ‘sat-nav’ route to your retirement, based on what you want to achieve.
We can then recommend changes you may need to make to your plan now, to make to make sure you achieve your goals.
We will also recommend and advise you on how to make the most of your investments and pensions to ensure you will get the most out of your retirement income.
We will then review the plan on a regular basis to ensure it stays on course to deliver your retirement objectives.
To find out what this costs, click here
The value of advice
Evidence clearly shows the value of taking financial advice:
- Unbiased.co.uk found that based on a £100,000 pension fund, people who take advice save on average £98 more per month and are £3,654 better off each year in retirement
- The International Longevity Centre: The Value of Financial Advice Report, July 2017, found that people who work with a financial adviser boost their assets by an average of £41,099
- Research from Dunstan Thomas shows that people who take financial advice are 39% better off in retirement
You can learn more about the value of financial advice by clicking here.
Request a callback
If you would like to discuss your own situation, we are here to help. Please call us on 01200 420855 or complete the form below and we will be in touch.